Basic overview of the Civil War Overhaul Mod:
The Civil War Overhaul Mod is a brilliant update for your vanilla Skyrim game. The developer of this mod has dramatically improved and updated the Civil War quest line. It will also add some new features which allows for customization and increased control over how the Civil War takes place. This mod requires your Skyrim to be completely fully updated, but it is simply fantastic and allows for diversity and difference.
How to use the Civil War Overhaul Mod:
Do not install mod after giving the Jagged crown to Ulfric/Tullius. This mod works seamlessly with your play through of Skyrim and there is not overwhelming mod menu to take care of. Just simply install it and let the mod work its magic.
Civil War Overhaul Mod Video Showcase:
Key Features of the Civil War Overhaul Mod:
- This mod restores battles for Morthal, Markarth, Falkreath, Fort Greymoor, Dawnstar, Riften, and Winterhold.
- Updates the AI and gives them specific roles. Rather than just running in aimlessly at each other, they will instead act with strategy. (Example: Archers will now stay back and provide covering fire.)
- In the vanilla game, all of the Civil War combatants are White Nords. This mod means that characters of every race now help fight in the Civil War.
- You can actually lose battles, Ulfric and Tullius now actually fight, and so much more!
How to Install the Civil War Overhaul Mod:
- First of all, you need to download the files for the Civil War Overhaul Mod.
- Next, extract them to an accessible location such as your Desktop with WinRar.
- Download the latest version of SKSE. (Skyrim Script Extender)
- Next, go to the ‘Data’ folder that can be found inside your Skyrim directory.
- Open your Skyrim launcher and make sure the box next to your chosen mod is checked!